Shaun (best friend)
long-suffering, faithful, loyalty, tolerant, friendly
bones, catching (dogs' common interests), listening to his headphones, playing crossword
trouble and mischief from the sheep, The Naughty Pigs
keeper of the Flock, the farm's custodian
Bitzer the Sheepdog is the main deuteragonist in Shaun the Sheep. The yellow, long-suffering sheepdog, only wants a quiet life - but this is the last thing he is going to get when Shaun is around. He is obviously on the same side as Shaun and The flock, but even though he is also very loyal to The Farmer, he will never tell him about the animals' intelligence. He somewhat bears a resemblence to Gromit. On "Off the Baa!", he acted as a referee for the soccer game, so he probably knows a little soccer. Bitzer also lets Shaun have the chart and whistle and be in charge if the farmer is sick or something. On the way to pick up some sheep from the fair, underneath a signpost, he urinated.
Rivalry Side Edit
- In Shaun The Farmer, he becomes lazy to Shaun. Because he likes to play video games, and not helping Shaun. In the end, he also gets scolded by The Farmer.
Background Information Edit
In the second season, or later episodes, Bitzer seems to have white or gray on his body, and his fur is textured, though, in the new movie, he goes back to the original body and texture.
There has been shown details in the show that indicates Bitzer has been a sheep dog his entire life. On a shelf above the fireplace in The Farmer's house, a photo can be seen of the Farmer's father alongside an unnamed dog, which could be Bitzer's father. The fact that Bitzer appears as a puppy on a old photo of The Farmer from back when he was a prized golf player further strengthens the theory that Bitzer was born on the farm, and may have even grown up alongside Shaun, which would explain their extraordinary friendship.
As seen in the flashback in the beginning of the Shaun The Sheep Movie, Bitzer and Shaun were born allmost at the same time in the same year. They grew up side by side, and became practically each other's brother, though this later developed into a strong friendship that persisted throughout the series no matter what happened.
Shaun the Sheep the Movie Edit
Bitzer appears in the film as the secondary main protagonist
- Giving him a stick to play fetch will instantly get him off task, which usually means Shaun will have to deal with things instead, resulting in another mess.
- The farmer says his name 4 times in the series, he says "Bitzer, please pose." "It's working Bitzer, huh?!?!" Bitzer, you're acting strange" and "Let's go take a bath, Bitzer"
- Like many people, Bitzer will bite his "nails" when nervous, as seen in Helping Hound, when he has the tips of his front paws in his mouth as he looks nervous about the robotic-hound-and robotic-sheep chase.
- When he is in trouble with the wallpapers, he is known to be angry, saying that he cannot take it anymore. (See DIY.)